We love making cookies as a family. Usually we do sugar cookie cutouts and decorate them together, but I thought I would try something a little different this time. I came across a recipe for fun colored rainbow jello cookies and I thought it would be fun for my boys to be able to use the different colors to make cookie shapes. And they had a blast.
The last ones were their favorite to make, they think they look like marbles. To make the ones shown in the first picture we layered each color on top of the other and sliced the cookies.
Rainbow Jello Cookies
Recipe found on pintsizedbaker.com
- 3 1/2 C Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 (3 sticks) C Butter, softened
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Cherry, Orange, Lemon, Lime, Wild Berry, and Grape Jell-o (Or any kind of Jello you prefer)
- Beat the butter until creamy. Add sugar, egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Gradually add the flour and baking powder until blended.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal sections. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of jell-o into each section. Knead into the dough.
- Shape the dough as desired. Place on a baking sheet flatten with the bottom of a cup.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet. Cool completely on wire racks.