Today we will be:
- Making Dinner-Nacho Cheese Soup
- Doubling the recipe so we can freeze a batch for later
- Batch cooking 5 pounds of Ground beef (or ground turkey)
- Freezing the extra ground meat for use in future meals
Sounds like a lot, but this soup is sooo easy to make. And we already will be cooking ground meat so doing a large batch isn’t that much more work.
Start by cooking your ground meat. I use a big skillet, but any large pan will work.
Double the recipe below. When I double it, I actually put in about a pound and a half. We don’t notice the difference. We like having a fruit salad with this as a side dish.
Nacho Cheese Soup
- 1 pound Hamburger cooked and drained
- 1 Medium Green Pepper Chopped
- 1 Can Condensed Cheese Soup
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
Mix all ingredients in a large pan.
Stir and bring to a boil.
Let simmer 10 minutes.
Serve with sour cream, tortilla chips and shredded cheese.
After dinner the meat should be cooled enough to spoon into 4 sandwich size ziploc bags. I just eyeball separating it evenly. Lay flat in your freezer.
When the remaining soup has cooled you can store it in a gallon Ziploc bag and lay flat in your freezer.
That’s it! Good job on planning ahead and making your future self happy!
If you haven’t checked out the other days in this series it is helpful to do them in order. We will be using some of the items cooked previously in future meals.